Cutting down the nets.
Passing around the cup.
Wearing the rings.
The sweet taste of victory!
In every sport, the team that rises to the top is afforded the privilege of hoisting the proof of their victory, a token of their dedication, hard work, talent, and teamwork.
At Jackson's Ride the Gorge, the cup isn't just for the spoiled professional sports superstars. You have a chance to get in on the action.
With our new "Team to the Top" competition, when you ride with a group of friends or colleagues, you'll be in the running for our most prestigious award: A trophy you can display in your home, office, or clubhouse signifying that you were the top fundraising team at one of Oregon's finest cycling events.
Raise your trophy high in the air and pass around the high-fives. To the victor, the spoils (or at least...a really sweet trophy)!
Any athlete knows that fun and teamwork go hand in hand. Victory is more than hard work - the chemistry and camaraderie that come with the perfect team are crucial to any success. Competing with team inspires dedication, creates unforgettable moments, and fosters lifelong friendships. This year, we're bringing a teamwork twist to Jackson's Ride the Gorge to take the event to that next level.
It's the 8th year for Jackson's Ride the Gorge. Since 2006, JRtG has offered cyclists of all levels a chance to spend the day basking in the unforgettable beauty of the Columbia River Gorge. Whether it's for the 25, 50, or legendary 100-mile ride, thousands of riders have turned out to test their mettle for a great cause.
In these 8 years since the first Jackson's Ride the Gorge, our dedicated participants have helped us open the Jackson Hill Wellness Center. Like the ride itself, the Wellness Center is one-of-a-kind. It offers families of patients at Portland's Randall Children's Hospital a healthy outlet from the stresses of hospital stays with a wide variety of fitness equipiment. The Jackson Hill Wellness Center has been a resounding success since it opened in February 2012, and we want to bring this unique concept to Children's Hospitals all around the country.
Team to the Top is inspired by the gifts of teamwork and Jackson's fighting and cooperative spirit. How does it work? It's pretty easy. Before you register, get a team together. Funny names are encouraged. The goal? It's more than just finishing that century. Your team's fundraising will play a crucial role in helping us expand the Jackson Hill Wellness Centers to children's hospitals around Oregon and the rest of the country. And, while teamwork is it own reward, teams that excel at fundraising have another thing coming (namely some truly sweet prizes).
This is what Jackson's Ride the Gorge is all about. A great bike ride in an unforgettable setting with the goal of helping others.
Reach these levels in your fundraising and recieve the following prizes. Fundraising prizes are not cumulative.
Stay warm and then pack away in your matching jersey pocket.
An incredible ride with 100, 70 or 50 mile options.
This vest will make the complete Jackson's kit.
Pendleton Woolen Mills distinctive Northestern woven blanket
This unique jaccuard weaving technique creates a beautiful, reversible blanket that is exceptionally warm with the pattern colors reversed on the opposite side fora different visual effect. Woven from 82% pure virgin wool and 18% cotton wrap.
- It's easy!
- It's fun!
- You'll feel great about contributing to an incredible cause
- Win prizes
- Donations are tax-deductible
- The Jackson Hill Wellness Center is a vital resource for families who are suffering through the endless hours of tending to a child who is in the hospital - a tiring, taxing and stressful time. Help these families endure this trying time a little more easily.
Fundraising is easy when you use our the online fundraising tools.
You can simply ask your friends, family, colleagues and others for support any way you feel comfortable doing so, but our website offers helpful tools.
Simply log into your registration account (Rider Login) and from there you can:
Just log in to get started and view the Rider Discussion board if you have additional questions on how these simple tools are best put to use to help you support the Jackson Hill Foundation and work toward meeting your fundraising goal.
Send out a customized or stock e-mail to friends, family and supporters
- Check your progress and see who has donated
- Send out thank you letters
- Customize your fundraising page that donors will see when they support you
- Take advantage of our suggested letters to help you get started
- Manually enter donations
- Alter your chosen ride options, switch courses, add on dinner tickets, etc.
- And more!
- Start with friends and family. The people who know you will understand your ride and fundraising efforts the best. After that, reach out to coworkers.
- Start with a simple letter. An e-mail message works very well. Compose a letter that speaks from the heart and let's supporters know (1) why you are asking for support (2) what the Jackson Hill Wellness Center is (3) how excited you are for the ride (4) your goal (5) how to donate, and how much to donate (every dollar makes a difference).
- Suggest an amount. Let people know you have a goal and suggest an amount. Be sure they know that all contributions are appreciated, and they will choose an amount that is comfortable for their own budgets.
- Start early. Today. Don't delay or it will be a rushed process that you won't be able to enjoy being a part of.
- Don't be afraid to follow up. Send a reminder e-mail. Let supporters know you have not yet reached your goal and you are counting on them to help you get there.
- Tell a personal story. Of your connection to the Jackson Hill Foundation, the Columbia River Gorge, your passion for supporting worthy causes, or just how much you love riding your bike.
Don't be afraid to talk about the Jackson Hill Wellness Center at the Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel. We know that is a mouthful, but it is so important we get the word out about this project so we can fund future wellness centers nad projects.
Read more >>
We think our online fundraising tools are a great way to gather support for the Jackson Hill Foundation, but if you would prefer a paper form you can pass around the office, share with family and friends, or take with you to church, book club or other groups, please print our our official form to make collection of contributions easy.
Download the form here. It is a PDF file.