Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum
1600 Air Museum Road
Hood River, Oregon
[ map ]
|JOIN THE MAILING LIST
Jackson's Ride the Gorge is a fundraising bicycle ride for the Jackson Hill Foundation.
Jackson Hill passed away September 13, 2005 ending a nineteen month battle with osteosarcoma, a form of cancer. Jackson was a valiant fighter, from the initial diagnosis when he was only ten years old, until finally succumbing to this insidious disease at twelve years of age. Jackson's battle was one of multiple treatments and surgeries. He faced rounds of chemotherapy, had his leg removed, limb salvage surgery, lung metastases, two lung surgeries, and multiple drug trials.
The Jackson Hill Foundation honors the legacy of Jackson Hill, by supporting efforts to ease the suffering of families who have a child in the hospital.
Jackson's family and friends have come together to form a foundation to ensure that his legacy of giving back continues. Jackson inspires us through memories of how he approached his battle with cancer. Even when he had exhausted normal treatment protocol, he pressed on with drug research trials so that he could help others.
We're already making an impact. The Jackson Hill Wellness Center in the new Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel in Portland, Oregon opened February, 2012 with the support of riders like you who have participated in this ride and raised funds for our organization.
The Jackson Hill Wellness Center is open 24 hours a day for families of patients in the hospital offering them a respite from the stress of a hospital visit or stay
This is just the first of may projects planned by the Jackson Hill Foundation.
- Located at the brand new Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel in Portland, a top-notch medical facility.
- The Wellness Center has exercise equipment, a broad window view of Portland and bright, positive decorations.
- The Wellness Center offers a chance for families to stay healthy, run, walk, and get their heart beat up in a positive way.
- Dealing with the trauma of having a child in the hospital, sometimes clinging on for life, is one of the most stressful experiences a parent will ever endure. The Wellness Center encourages healthy activity, which can be the key to parents being able to handle this time.
- The Jackson Hill Wellness Center opened in February 2012 in conjunction with the new hospital opening. We plan to maintain this facility, but we need the support of riders to make it happen. There are on-going maintenance, upkeep and expansion needs.
Rider Login >>
General donation >>
Donate to a rider >>
Fundraising tips >>
Fundraising prizes >>