Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum
1600 Air Museum Road
Hood River, Oregon
[ map ]
|JOIN THE MAILING LIST
Jackson's Ride the Gorge is a phenomenal route through the Columbia River Gorge. You'll be well supported every step of the way, ensuring you can take the time to enjoy the landscape, take pictures and relax along your ride.
Bring your camera for this breathtaking ride with sweeping views of the magnificent Columbia River.
We offer three route options with varying degrees of climbing and mileage. See the routes page for details.
Jackson's Ride the Gorge was founded in honor of Jackson Hill, a young boy with an admirable spirit who passed away from sarcoma (a cancer) at the tender age of 12. Read more about Jackson and the impressive work of the Jackson Hill Foundation on the Cause Page.
- Gourmet dinner, appetizers and free Full Sail beer from Hood River.
- Breakfast and hot coffee.
- Lunch, snacks and ample water on course.
- Fully stocked rest stops an average of every 15 miles or fewer.
- Full support, including support vehicles on the course…. just in case you need a lift.
- A dedicated ride support hotline you can call with any questions you have while on course.
- Clear course markings to guide you along the way.
- Ride along mechanics and medics.
- Mechanic stations at the start line and at the rest stops.
- A huge team of friendly, support volunteers to help out on course.
- A printed map of the course provided at the start line and interactive maps online for advance review and exploration.
- Baggage storage (we'll store a bag of personal items and have it ready for you at the finish line).
- Training tips, nutrition and preparation tips.
- Top notch organization so you can relax and enjoy a wonderful day on your bike.
- On site accommodations.
- Helpful emails, a Twitter feed and additional ways to stay in touch.
Bring as much water as you and your bicycle can carry. Water is provided at the rest stops, but it could be a very hot day. We also suggest you bring electrolytes/hydration supplements.
A change of clothing and after-ride personal items may be stored at the start line. Bring these items in a sealed bag and drop them off at the INFORMATION tent.
All rest stops are well-stocked with nutritional snacks, but if you need any special dietary needs, we suggest you pack those along to ensure you're well nourished every step of the way.
The Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum
1600 Air Museum Road
Hood River, OR 97031
The ride starts and finishes at this same location. There is ample parking at the museum. Your registration includes free admission to the museum.
Rider Login >>
General donation >>
Donate to a rider >>
Fundraising tips >>
Fundraising prizes >>